Sunday, April 18, 2010

Scera Park Singers



In fifth and sixth grade I got to participate in the Scera Park Singers. We practiced twice a week before school. We had matching dresses (that our mom's made). We performed all around. Miss Pattie Greaves, who was also my 5th grade teacher has done the Scera Park Singers for 40 years. She is about to retire and some friends of mine organized a suprise alumni  concert in her honor. Since I was already going Utah it worked out great for me. It was fun to see so many old childhood friends. Miss Greaves was very suprised. The great thing is, we remember the 5 songs that were chosen to sing. The newspapers and TV stations were there.

Me and Miss Pattie Greaves


A friend of mine posted the coverage on Utah's Channel 4 news. I was on the clip alot. I also made the Deseret News article. This is the picture from the Deseret News April 17, 2010

( I am introducing my kids to Miss Greaves)

No comments: