skip to main | skip to sidebar

John and Caroline

Abbey, Gracie, Hilary, & Carter ...Our history in the making...

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve...Grandpa and Grandma Lewis Tradition

Every year for as long as I can remember my mom (Cindy), her sister (Valerie), and her brother (Howard), along with their families get together on Christmas Eve. Grandpa and Grandma Lewis started this tradition. We used to gather in their basment. Our tables spread through the whole room. We always have a big dinner and Grandma's slush. The grandkids look forward to opening a Christmas Eve present (PJ's) and usually another silly gift. As our family's have grown, Grandma and Grandpa now have 10 great-children. I know I feel blessed that my four children get to know my grandparents. They have had such an amazing influence in my life. I almost didn't make it this year. The weather was not good. I had to drive the long way to Utah and without John. I didn't want to miss the tradition. I feel grateful for wonderful family.
Posted by Picasa
Posted by John and Caroline at 2:12 PM

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I love your blog! You have such a beautiful family. I am so happy you braved the elements on Christmas Eve. We would have missed seeing you and your sweet family:)
And I love the pictures!!!!!!

January 5, 2009 at 7:56:00 PM PST
Melissa said...

This is such a cute collage! I saw it at Grandma and Grandpa's.
It was fun to see you guys on Christmas Eve! We want to come up and see the farm sometime :)

January 13, 2009 at 4:29:00 PM PST

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

The Crew

The Crew
Carter, Gracie, Hilary, and Abbey

Family and Friends

  • Aaron and Brynne
  • Ben and Robbie
  • Brandon and Lindsay
  • Denice and Neil
  • Eden
  • Erika and Chris
  • Greg and Gwen
  • Heather
  • Holly and Garrick
  • Jeanne
  • Jenn and Ben
  • Jordan and Barbara
  • June & boys
  • Kate and Eric
  • Katie and Eric
  • Katie and Nelson
  • Kelly and Wayne
  • Kim and Nate
  • Layne and Lannon
  • Lindsey and Britton
  • Logan and Heather
  • Mandy and Jason
  • Mark and Kristen
  • Meg and Todd
  • Mindy and Travis
  • Norma and Joelle
  • Phil and Melissa
  • Rachael and Adam
  • Ryan and Mindy
  • Shana and Ken
  • ShaRee and Andy
  • Steph and David
  • Trisha and Jimmy

My Music


button

My Blog List

My Blog List

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (67)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2009 (89)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (11)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ▼  2008 (48)
    • ▼  December (3)
      • Christmas Eve...Grandpa and Grandma Lewis Tradition
      • YF&R Achiever Award
      • My Christmas Ballerinas
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (2)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2007 (15)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (5)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  June (4)
  • ►  2006 (7)
    • ►  December (2)
    • ►  November (5)

About Me

John and Caroline
I'm a city girl that married a farmer and my best friend. Together we are the proud parents of three beautiful girls and one blue-eyed boy. We are sharing a glimpse into our life to share with friends and family that are far away.
View my complete profile