Friday, October 9, 2009

Fourth and FINAL fair of the season..Eastern Idaho State Fair ,Sept. 12

The morning starts with the Jr. Holstien Show. All three girls participated this year. I am helping Hils a little.
They all did a great job. This is the youngest class. Gracie took first place and her friend Rylee was second. Jayden, Lydia, and Hilary were all in this class.


Gracie is ready to go. John is getting Hilary's heifer ready.



Joelle and Abbey with no smiles (I think on purpose)


Gracie lining up in the ring.

Gracie getting first place. She won a show halter and all the kids got a $5 bill!
 Best buds..Carter and Jayden.


Abbey, Gracie, Lydia, Hilary, and Joelle

Hilary showing Apple

The line up for the youngest division...they did great!!

Abbey and Joelle were in the Intermediate division. Abbey won first place and Joelle got second in their class.

The happy showgirls

Gracie, Abbey, and Rylee ready to go back in for Grand Champion Showman

Here's the crew!
Carter, Jayden, Wyatt, Gracie, Hilary, Abbey, and Rylee

And there is the Grand Champion...ABBEY!! WOW, we were suprised. She is great and Minnow (her heifer) was her best behavior!

Sweet boys playing in the dirt and sawdust. Jayden and Carter

Cute girls...Rylee, Hils, and Lydia

I am "lucky" enough to have my birthday fall on or around this fair. The good thing is, several friends that live on the eastern side of Idaho come see me (or at least my family).
Karlee Kinghorn and Hils

Graci, Abby Kinghorn, & Abbey

My wonderful friend Lannon Kinghorn

The fair is these boys HEAVEN...Parker, Jayden, and Carter

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't believe they win every time! Well, I can, because you guys are so good at what you do! Tell them I said congrats :)

Pam said...

Hi Caroline! I've just enjoyed peeking in on your family here at your blog. Congratulations to all your cute 4-H calf girls!!! Their heifers are sure clean & pretty ! I think what they get to do is so amazing. You have a very fortunate lifestyle. We loved our visit with you last June. Thank you and John again so much. Aunt Pam