Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Beak ...October 1-4

For our fall break, the kids and I went to Utah while John was in Wisconsin. It was a fun few days. We visited Grandma and Grandpa Lewis, went to the BYU Bookstore, played with cousins at Gramma and Poppy's, and many other fun things. One evening I took Hilary and Carter to Thanksgiving Point Cornbelly's Fesitval. I met a good friend, Chantal Hart that I hadn't seen in several years. We have kids the same age and order.I love getting together with old friends. It seems like the time apart doesn't matter. I have been blessed having good friends placed in my life.


Carter, Kash, Hilary, and Macey

Macey Hart (who is actually Gracie's age) and Hilary

Hilary posin' by the pumpkins

Carter, Macey, and Kash jumping on the "pillow"

Hilary, Kash, & Macey by the mouth of the monster we went through. We did lose Hilary at one point. I was seconds away from getting security. Carter of course did not enjoy the monster once inside.

Hilary and Macey riding the train

Macey and Hilary are Pumpkin princesses
They had a whole princess section. They got to dress up scarecrows. The girls had a lot of fun.

Although not a scarecrow, Carter enjoyed dressing himself up. At least he chose a Knight instead of a princess. :)

Little kids on the BIG chair

My beautiful friend, Chantal Hart. We had a great visit!

Gracie and I had a night out at the BYU vs. Utah State game.
Here we are getting ready to leave. We were excepting cold weather so we are LAYERED!!

Gracie and I met up with family going to BYU. Brandon, Lindsay, and Heather.
Unfortunetly for me, we were sitting by students who stood the WHOLE game.  I am too old to stand at football games (for the whole time)!!!

Gracie and I had a great time! Go Cougars!!!!!!

Abbey and I got to go to General Conference. We went to the Saturday afternoon session. Elder Neil Andersen (John's uncle) was speaking. I don't know if it ok to take pictures in the Conference Center but since I saw several others doing it we decided to document.

Abbey and I outside the Conference Center

We went with Clint Call and Heather. We were also lucky enough to see John's cousins that we don't get to see very often. It was a beautiful day. In the parking lot, Abbey and I got to see several apostles being transported  over to the  Conference Center. We thought that was pretty exciting. I get such a powereful feeling sitting in the Conference Center when the prophet walks in. I feel blessed that I got to share this experience with my amazing daugher.

3 comments:

Adam and Rachael said...

What a fun time in Utah! That's so neat you got to take Abby to Conference. What a great memory!

Mindy said...

What a fun trip for Addy & you.

Mindy said...

I ment Abby...I have an Addie!! oops